Total Pageviews

Monday, December 17, 2018

Gratitudes


Let's start with chickens!  Ms. Daisy, featured above, survivor above and beyond.  Here she is, Wishing All a Merry Christmas and a Survivor New Year!
This girl still has issues regarding those five amigo's from days past, but they have all learned to exist together dispite their differences!  Imagine?  A feat that seems rather illusive to most humans---and who dares to say "chickens are stupid?"  We could learn a thing or two, I believe.  I am grateful for my ladies and the lessons they share!

Next:  The woes of online addiction!!  So easy to allow ourselves to get "sucked in."  Know I do.  Yet, regardless, I am grateful for some aspects of this modern day phenomenon!  FACEBOOK--scroll, scroll, scroll.  Waste energy and time thinking someone cares whether I like, or don't;  what my opinion might be.  Is it going to change the "big picture?"  Most likely, not!  YET.....my goodness, there are those online connections we seem to achieve!  We can find others to relate with, and to, in positive ways and do our best to keep it that way in those circles.  Refreshing and comforting.  We can find sources for supporting things we believe in and share those avenues with others if they care to join in.  I like that.

 Anyone of us can form a Facebook group.  But.....there are many, many groups on line!!   I am finding it easier to participate and really am grateful for someone willing to take of their own valuable time to be an administrator of said group.  One in particular that I have found and greatly appreciate is:
Country Farmhouse Chicken Decor & More
Phill AndAmber Treat, with Amber being the "hostess with the mostess," in my opinion.  She has garnered a whole following of participants who seem to share the philosophy of positive, uplift, share and care all centered around handmade, handcraft and art!!  As a result of this group a real sense of connection, yes, connection online has developed.  Thank you, ladies (I have not noted a male presence, except as in supportive roles) for keeping this site a place to go to and remain repectful and kind to one another.  We all know we have our personal views, tribulations, prejudices,etc but this is just a NICE place!!
What fun we just had with Amber iniating a "Twelve Days of Christmas" event for anyone signed into the group.  Twelve came away with an added Christmas present!!  I love my mug from Liz Johnson Pottery!!




In addition, (now that my composition tools have fouled) I did want to mention that as a result of that group, many listings were added to the "easy access networking" page!!  And you know what?  I did some shopping from a few of those individuals.  Nothing but good to say about my experiences with any of the vendors.  Each was prompt, carefully packaged and usually had a small little surprise tucked in.  Not that that should be an expectation....just an added touch I was grateful for and we don't find in Big Box settings.

Now, shall end this year on that note and hope we can all find Gratitude in a New Year.
Wishing everyone well--

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw you had a new post and popped over to read it as I always find your posts bring a smile to my face ! Little did I know I would find myself reading about our Little group! I thank you once again Jo for your kind encouraging words 💗

Unknown said...

Thanks for "popping over." Feel strongly about the "positives" we find along these troubled roads. Believe me, Amber, positive is something I have had to learn and continue to learn.....so appreciate it when found. I sense your guidance in the work necessary to keep participants in this "Little group" going that direction. Outside your group I find myself engaging in that fray of frustration, anger, opinions,etc so since I have little self discipline, coming back into the respite of "the group" maybe keeps me a little more balanced! Thank you.