Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

On My "Bandwagon" and getting my "Soapbox"

Well, folks, it's your option to just delete this post or even my whole Blog, now.  The older I become, the more prone I am to speak up when my "gut" instinct no longer allows me to just be a good, little robot and part of the "silent majority."  
Most of us know we are in very troubled times.  We all have our opinions and a right to them.  I understand this.  What I just can't understand is how any of us can just sit, stand, and idly watch the many wrongs and not say how we, ourselves feel about any particular issue. We are so afraid of being judged for being honest about our views.  Well, I don't care!  Any person I care about that I might lose, thank you, for being in my life while we were able to communicate and share.  If our differences can not make us THINK and open our mind to perhaps another perspective, we are not meant to continue.
Wonder what I'm talking about?  NORTH DAKOTA-STANDING ROCK AND NATIVE AMERICANS, doing their part to do good for all of us.  It is a travesty if you take the time to search out information and watch videos that are being put out via what has to be alternate methods.  Why, because main stream media will not cover the issue.  Why, well, go figure.  Use your heart and your mind and think!!  Greed.  Fear of losing power, control, being exposed for all the corruption that exists in this country.  Just keep saying, over and over, American is the Greatest Country, without pulling back the blankets and taking a good look at what lies underneath.  Do we, too, have to come to the level of so many other places on earth that live each and every day, under siege of oppression with an actual all out war zone right in our back yards before waking up to being duped?   It has been so nice, living peacefully and able to sleep, sleep, sleep and entertained with multiple diversions so we won't question those that "took care of us," and took care of their business.
What can I do about Standing Rock?  Unfortunately, not much, except to use this little space to say, I stand with "Standing Rock" and all the people, native and non-native, that are doing all they can to say, "NO!"  ENOUGH, is enough and they will not be silent.  I urge you to please pay attention.  If you look, you will see, that public opinion carries very little weight on many issues before us.  We are being ignored!  How does that feel, when it is something you care about deeply?  People that care, should share.
Today, I "unsubscribed" from sites I had joined that actually began with the intention of doing good and informing us of things that have not come to the forefront of our attention.   The information was not good for the "bottom line" of many major cooperations, thus, again main stream media keeps us in the dark.  Why did I "unsubscribe"?  They, too, went for the "bottom line."  Sell, sell, sell.  Yes, they have to support their efforts and the costs of getting the word out, but do they have to then sell lectures, their own products,etc.  Maybe, but not to me.  I bought the initial information, tried to help spread the information for the good of anyone interested, and that's all.  
That is not the agenda at Standing Rock!  Unclean water for human consumption, which has already happened over and over, is what they are standing up for, and it's not just for Native American's, it is for everyone.  ENOUGH!  Think for yourselves.


No comments: