Total Pageviews

Monday, May 28, 2018

Hoeing Out that room!

Has your studio or craft room ever become so cluttered that you just could not stand it any longer?  Well, mine did!  It doesn't feel very good to discover that YOU qualify as a hoarder.  Yes, there was so much stuff, stuffed into my room that claustrophobia finally caught up.  Boy, thankfully, a "before" photo is unavailable. There are witnesses available, however, that there is a real difference now.
All the miscellaneous, make do, odds and ends, that made up my storage are ready to be someone else's treasures.....or make do's.  I have a huge hand built hutch made of funky barn wood!   Could not locate what I wished for to buy, so with the cooperation of my handy hubby, (who agreed to let me be boss of what I wanted since he likes shiny, modern lines) the hutch now stands in my room.



Six and one half feet tall became no simple task to move from our garage up onto the deck, into the house, down the hall, and then stand up in my room!  As you can see,
Don still has hammer in hand.  That was so he could reassemble parts that sort of.....fell off on our trip! Believe that experience could classify as a real "comedy of errors!"  After all, we are not spring chickens!  
 It will have barn wood doors up to the third shelf once hinges are purchased and messed up to approval.  The doors will cover storage of supplies and what sticks, shells, pods, moss, papers,etc that remain.  It was a difficult decision to part with all those treasures that had just the right look.  Much self talk convinced me that, mostly, an adventure could be had if necessary to acquire something that is missing.  Whew.... it does feel better, I think.





Just finished loading recent creations into Square.  Now to figure out how to place them onto Web page which leads customers (I hope to have) to the shop.   What would we be without our challenges?  Peaceful comes to mind.

"Whispering to me softly," pine needles are calling my name.  Time to settle back into basket coiling for awhile, before those veggies growing in the garden are calling out that they are ready for the picking.  Yum, plump, red, juicy, fresh tomatoes are on the way.

Sweet dreams to all.  Stay safe and well.











No comments: