Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 17, 2017

A long winter's nap?

"Bud" is all settled in..... 
Do you plan on a long winter's nap?  Is that a joke or what?  Might be a time to contemplate this past year (but not for long) as what is done, is done. Time to step forward.  So, let's contemplate (just a little) what we hope for in the near future.  No sense in thinking very far ahead either.   Maybe "moment by moment," isn't quite enough, as a few goals likely helps me to move ahead.  So, with that being said......I do hope to do just a few local (handmade only) shows/bazaars in 2018. Call it snobbery if you like, but if attendees know that is the focus then they can chose to attend or not. Personally, it is much more energizing to interact with those that truly are interested in what we do, rather than even think we can complete with goods re-sold from mass market purchases.  At handmade only venues, just having someone appreciate the effort and give feedback is rewarding.  Usually, they understand the amount of time, expenses, and workmanship devoted to  our finished product.  No sense wasting energy just to fill a space when it can be spent on 
CREATING AND CRAFTING!   "That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

The above photo concluded the Holiday Market on December 9th, which featured a wide venue of "handmade only" vendors.  It was energizing and very positive, plus well attended!

Now, a brief interlude to muster the urge to bake a few cookies and think some Merry Christmas thoughts.  We, here, have only had a minimal dusting of snow.  It just doesn't seem like the Holiday Season.  Remnants of my childhood in New England must influence my Christmas spirit!  A clean, white snow that muffles all the sounds of a chaotic world instills such a peaceful feeling.  Will try to envision the preverbal sugar plum fairies.  We did see some! Attended the Pendleton Ballet Theater performance of the Nutcracker.  Removed one more thing from my bucket list!  Had always wanted to see a ballet and waited all these years.  It was as spectacular for me as a performance on Broadway!  The amount of work that must be involved is commendable!

Oh, dear.  No sweaters for my girls!  They are so modest, during their semi-nakedness due to molting. They prefer to stay indoors ALL the time.  Minnie, Molly, Frieda, and Itty Bitty seem to be working on their new attire.  After yielding to "big Pharma," and buying "Peck No More," Daisy is sporting a few feathers on her crown.  She still shies away from "Shy," who turned out to be, not so shy. She gives a wide path to anyone else that looks at her sideways, also. Progress has been made, as she is not flying in terror to get away from them any longer.  Maybe the "chicken" saga is over.  I do want to learn how to speak their language. If I don't receive the book, "How to Speak Chicken"   by Melissa Caughey,  for Christmas (unlikely) will purchase it for myself from "Tilly"s Nest."   It's important to talk with the girls, you know.  It's called a 
"hen party!"

Wishing you a peaceful, restful Christmas season and a very hopeful New Year for you in 2018.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jo Diana Here. The only chicken language I know, is what I remember from my grandmas teaching. Here chick chick chick chick etc. Straight from my grandmas mouth.

Unknown said...

Ha, ha. Good one, Diana! I can "cluck."