Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 30, 2017

A leap of "Hope"

A beautiful, snowy, white Christmas Day
One more full day until 2018, a New Year.  That's where a leap of "Hope" comes in for me.  Mostly everyone wishes one another a "Happy New Year."  Now, really, people.  Why should we expect to remain "happy" all the time!  If we were, how would we know anything different?  How would we learn and grow?  The drum that I seem to march to, rebels at the thought!  Many call me a "pessimist, negative and looking on the dark side."  Perhaps, I do possess an "Eeyore" attitude, as some have said, but on the other hand, let's be real.  Life is full of ups and downs.  Admit it!  It is okay.  Painful often, but okay.  So, as we navigate the path of life, let's simply "hope" for good things and take a leap of "hope" for a good year in 2018!  With that.....here is wishing you HOPE.

"Hoping" to remain creative, a little head start on 2018 involves digging out those "long needle" pine needles ordered online and beginning to coil again.  Yes, we have pine needles here....some as long as 8"- 9" but compared to those from down South reaching 12"-14" s, it is an indulgence for me that seems well worth it.  So, they are cleaned, becoming pliable and a coil has begun!
To begin..a walnut center
laced into a wooden ring.
Pine needles attaching with
green cord to start.....
Project # 2
Gemstone center, starting with pine needles using tan cord accenting with turquoise, so far.....






Now each of these will tell me "what they want to be," as we move along with their designs.  That is where the real pleasure of pine needle coiling comes into play for me.  There is no pattern to follow (boring) and there is not a real plan in mind at the beginning.  They just evolve.  Colors, size, basket, or tray?  We will "hope" it is appealing, that someone will like it and that it does not sit in a corner "hoping" for me to get to it!   As has the beginning of one pictured below which I blogged about, (who knows when) many moons ago!  It,  also,  
is in the works!


A bit revealing--the date shows!  Ummm, seems at least, a year ago that it was painted.   On that note
perhaps, I should not be blogging.  Let the coiling begin!

One last thing.....yes, Facebook is addictive, but I would not have connected with a lovely group of creative people all the way across the country without clicking "likes and shares."  If any of those ladies, should happen to read this, please comment!  I do thank you and it is my pleasure!

3 comments:

Jonquil Junction said...

JO, I am so glad we are connected through Facebook and I truly enjoy your blogging.
I too have been accused of being a pessimist so hanging on my fridge to remind those that might say so I have a sign that says
"A pessimist is just an optimist with experience" :)
Here's HOPEing you have a HOPEful, creative, SUN-filled 2018!
Amber @Jonquiljunction

Beverly Conroy said...

Jo, I so loved reading this. Pessimist, nawww, realist for sure. I am so glad we have met this year. I thank you for the loving support you have shared with me. I am amazed at the coiling, wish we had those needles here I would love to learn to do this. Heres to a good year, filled with the norms of the ups and downs, lets Hope there will be more positive moments in your year than not!

Unknown said...

Oh, my goodness, nice ladies! Thank You for the kind comments and the assurance that being a "pessimist" is living in this real world. I once worked in a very small country store and the owner told me, also, "realist" is the best term! So, ladies, do we know people who are living in "la la land?" Yep, afraid so. That's okay too.
Amber, if I borrow (to keep) your fridge sign would it be alright? Might make several to pass around to other "realist."
And...., Beverly, as to "loving support," I have had so many helping hands in my lifetime that taught me during hard times about sharing. How could we not? Networking makes the "wheels go around" and proves there is "enough to go around," for me.
These connections are priceless and I thank each of you!