Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Made in the Shade with Daisy






So, here is Daisy, her temporary apartment turned in mobile home!  How does one keep a poor, driven from the flock by her mean sisters, chicken cool when the temperature soars to three digits?  You turn her apartment into a mobile home!
Thus, we can pull her from one shady spot to another feeding her ice cubes along the way!  Of course, we give the five sisters ice cubes as well and place a mini swimming pool in their pen.  Apparently this special treatment pays well.  All six girls have given us an egg a day in return!  

Sending a little love....
When a lovely, heart shaped cloud appears in the sky just for you, what do you do?  You share it!   Last week, as we headed to the small town of Weston, Oregon this little cloud, alone on the horizon, was so distinct that I couldn't resist taking this photo from the window of the speeding car!  How unique and awesome!  Loved it.  Hope you do, as well!  

An anticipated event for me.  July 22nd I will set up at the "Christmas In July," http://www.gowallawallavalleyfarmersmarket.com/
Finally, a real CRAFT  show!  All handmade or created by the artisan!  No "Made in China," nor commercial items!  What a pleasure that will be and I'm thinking it will be attended only by people who appreciate that fact, as do I! 
I DO, honestly, I do have items in progress that I will be taking.   Spending time in "my room" truly has been difficult! 
Ahhh, the woes of harvesting herbs. drying them, making sure the "girls" have a taste or two of fresh, good for them flavors;  being a "chicken mama;"  enjoying the fruits of my husband's labor in planting a small garden and preparing, and savoring, it's yeilds,working on challenge #3, (which I will post next, it's just plain wacky....and fun,) and oh, breathing.  Yes, breathing.  Some of you understand.  We must pace ourselves, then rest a minute or two, three, four....breathe and eventually proceed.  Such is life in Adams town.
So long, for this time from "Daisy," and me.  Have an enjoyable weekend!

Poor, poor "Daisy."
 

No comments: