Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Short Notice.....

OPPS!  Go ahead, sip coffee, put your feet up AND enjoy your day!  But do keep in mind, that the Athena Christmas Bazaar is next weekend!  I do think my brain is slipping a notch!
And, next weekend, likely Friday and Saturday I will go over to Milton-Freewater to the Stitch Nitch and attend to my wares there!  Might even do a little alcohol ink demonstration for anyone that stops in that is interested!  If you might be, perhaps an email would keep me on my toes and help me prepare! oregonjo@gmail.com  Now, just fast forward the below to next week, please.
Quick....have your coffee, get dressed and attend the Christmas Bazaar at Athena, Oregon today!  Afraid, I often allow myself to be distracted and neglect to keep up with all the good intentions, such as, giving advance notice!  It is at the Athena Elementary School, just off Highway 11, between Pendleton, and Milton-Freewater. Not certain of the time, but likely 9:00a.m.-ish to 4:00 or 5:00p.m.
Now, as to my "soapbox," rant, rave or whatever one might perceive the previous post to be......yes, I'm disturbed.  However, again I neglected my better intentions and heed the concept my interpretation of the Standing Rock Elders and true "water protectors" appear to be. Peaceful, non-aggressive opposition demonstrating and standing up for their beliefs and rights.  They are not being militant, in the face of militants and the violent actions against them.  The purest form of "turning the other cheek."  A good friend, "soulmate" of mine reminded me how negative energy only feeds the negative and actually enforces it, giving it the most power and strength.  An excellent reminder! Never would I intend to give power to violent oppressors! Thus, as my Gramma used to say, and following the example of many of those holding up their heads and standing, not only "up" but tall, "kill them with kindness." My compassion and sympathy are extended to those poor, misunderstanding aggressors who have chosen a path that I believe in so wrong.  It is a hope that more and more of them might come to see the true meaning and understand the oaths they spoke to uphold for the good of all people.  Have a peaceful day, wherever you might be and thank you for reading my views.

No comments: