Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Not a Huckleberry in Sight

Alas, the North Powder trip is now behind us.  We found a hot, lazy day; the few people were nice, they ran out of Huckleberry Sundaes in no time, and most people were there for the car show.  What might be the answer for artists and crafts people?  How can we help people understand the time, effort and hope that go into the works we love and would like to share?  Is there a place for us?  Can we make a place for us that is supportive of ourselves and appreciators that value the little pieces of ourselves that we put forth?  The mood today, is thoughtful.  It is currently resigned that things have a way of working themselves out, and we must be open to the lessons presented and learn from them.  I will keep an open mind....I will keep an open mind.......I will keep an open mind.  Gratitude is important in our lessons.  I am grateful to Hamley's Western Store in Pendleton whose staff makes me feel so special each time I walk in the door with a new item for them to display.  I am grateful those items are selling.  It helps validate my inner soul that needs reassurance by someone liking my work.  My eyes are still working well enough that I can continue for now.  My mind is curious about all the things undone and the possibilities.  Growth excites me.  In ability and in people.  So.........chin up, moment by moment, let's see what's ahead!

The few at North Powder might have seen these new alcohol ink tiles.  A look, see for you that are watching, including one quite large tile that is in it's final stage of completion.  Alcohol ink dries fast, so larger surfaces are a bit challenging. However, advantage being, with tiles the "slate can be wiped clean," and one can start all over.....or rework areas of contention!!

This is it, the unfinished

4 x 6 tile

4 x 4 tile

4 x 4 tile

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Neat tiles. So different.

Connie said...

These are really nice. I share your feelings. In fact without validation I have drifted into baby quilt making. Hang in there because your work is lovely.