Total Pageviews

Monday, April 30, 2018

Eye opening-good for the soul

Yes, getting out and about, doing something a little different can be good for the soul.  At least, for mine that is.  Sometimes it is easy to slip into a rut and just plug along doing the same old thing.  A variation can be stimulating.
Saturday, I (sort of) forced myself to sign up for a writing class at the Pendleton Art Center. Occasionally, I have been known to jot down a few thoughts or write what I thought to be a poem or prose.  Always felt intimidated by vague memories of high school English and the study of poetry.  The different structures, rules and regulations!  Guess what?  Throw them out!!  We can write what we want!!
Feeling a slight urge to get back to the "my life" art journal begun sometime ago (probably mentioned in Blog) I thought this class would spur me on.  Time will tell, but can say it was good for me.  Penelope Scamby Schott, an Oregon poet was the instructor and it was beneficial.  Not only did it encourage self examination, 
(ouch) but was freeing!  
Meanwhile, back in the studio (craft room) too many projects are laying in wait!  Tends to begin to make me feel smothered.  (Guess that's one of the purposes of "getting out," or so I just read!)  Perhaps that will provide the inspiration to get in there and instead of starting another project-finish, at least, one?
Did post on Facebook the progress on the pine needle coiled, decorative piece that I first oil painted the center for, and am currently working upon.  Not intending to be redundant, but here is a photo......


This is destined to go to my sweet, kind niece who has waited and waited many years, yes years--for me to fulfill her request for a painting of Mt. Rainier. Suppose it is rather 'lame' to "kill two birds with one stone," by combining it with her liking the pine coiling, as well, isn't it? 
Until next time, enjoy the sun and May flowers.  Of course, be well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! I love it, wonderful piece of art.

Unknown said...

As always, thank you, Carol. Don't know what I would do without you as my fan! Enjoy spring now that it seems to have finally arrived.....I think.