Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Oh Christmas Tree...ohhhhhhh


To begin, let me send a Merry Christmas & Hope for a 2018 New Year of better times.

This little tree (filled with my handcrafted ornaments) will be heading out to the Holiday Market at the Fairgrounds in Walla Walla, Washington on Saturday, December 9th (which is actually 2 days from now).  The hours are from 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. to scratch some needed gifts or items for yourself off your Christmas shopping list.  We, as vendors, hope you will withstand whatever weather comes our way, be careful and venture out to help support us in our creative endeavors.  For many of us, it is an opportunity to not only sell our wares, but to get feedback on the work we do.  Speaking for myself, and I suppose my ego, even a compliment is much appreciated.  It alone can serve to inspire me to continue doing what I love to do....and that is create!   


Above are the latest sets of ceramic, alcohol ink painted tiles designed to be coasters.  My husband, finishes these off with multiple coats of sealer to protect the surface and a felt backing is used to protect your furniture.  Therefore, "no," washing in the dishwasher is not recommended (it never was) but a good wipe with a damp cloth will suffice!  
Some other items, that are new, have been added into our online shop.  Easy access above, so anyone interested in just perusing or otherwise, please do, take a look.  Even comments are welcome.  Which reminds me, the sidebar has  a button by which one can follow this blog.  Having mentioned that "ego" thing above, I certainly will not be the least bit offended if anyone should chose to do so!  In fact, it would be much appreciated!!

Now that leads to another thought.  Recently, via Facebook, I was reconnected with a site I had followed on Google+.  Oh, I know, there are sooo many sites, formats,etc to avail ourselves of it becomes obsessive, doesn't it?  Anyway, that site is "Jonquil Junction," also, listed on the sidebar among others I have myself enjoyed.  Jonquil Junction's current owners are carrying forth the concept developed by her Mother who I was sorry to discover, had passed away, as I drifted from Google+ for the most part, over to Facebook.  How fickle we are via the Internet.  Now, being the sharing, caring site they are, Jonquil Junction has introduced me to a whole host of other sites to follow and enjoy!  These all appear to be small businesses many being artists or hand crafting artisans.  Following Jonquil Junction's example, it is my intent to network with as many as that sidebar will allow!   Be on the lookout....they are promoting some very nice GIVEAWAYS!



In closing, "Daisy" and (sort of) friends, are beginning to feel left out.  Especially, since they have adjusted to one another----somewhat.  Let's rephrase--they (mostly) tolerate.  That means there are less feathers removed from Daisy's attire than previously.  However, that may not be the case for long as three of her friends?, are molting!  When I read articles about "molting" it did not actually prepare me for the reality!
Naked chickens are not a pretty site and no, sweaters have not been knit!  Poor Minnie, poor Molly, and Itty Bitty!  And the wasted feathers--all over the coop!  If anyone needs to make a pillow let me know!  Lots would fit in a large envelope.  Being light-weight I could afford shipping!!!  Anyone have eggs?  They aren't sharing many right now.  So, on that note, this posting shall end.  We are eggless in Oregon!


Merry Christmas
With
High Hope for Everyone's
New Year!




2 comments:

Jonquil Junction said...

Jo, I so enjoyed reading about the chickens! I have 15 and we have just been through a major molt too! I kept commenting "if we gathered all the feathers up we could make another whole bird!"
Thank you so much for the shout out! Look forward to continuing to network with you !
Amber

Unknown said...

Thank you, Amber. And....thanks for all the introductions again to a really positive group of people. Amazing, was feeling so disgusted with the Internet and negativity on FB, but am now looking forward to seeing what each one of you might post!!
"My Poor Daisy," actually has received quite a bit of attention, since I mentioned our girls! She, at the moment, could feel a little smug--those five "amigo's" as I dubbed them had already plucked her head feathers earlier! Here two of her aggressors are sporting (almost) birthday suits! Maybe we should glue their feathers back on as coats? A task for you with 15! My husband wonders why they molt this time of year instead of in the spring, when it is time for shirt sleeves? And he was a farm boy!!
Thank you.
Jo